Latest versions of the IDE use a different path. I have just reinstalled the IDE to work on a new version of my Radio Box and my boards.txt is now located in \Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr. Everything else (PID/VID) still applies.
When multiple control boxes are connected they all come with the same name. In theory that’s not a big issue but I have noticed that DCS sometimes messes up. There must be a way to fix this situation, isn’t it?
A-firm, the solutions is quite simple: we just need to change a couple lines in the boards.txt file, then recompile and write the code.
My Kingdom for a Board!
boards.txt is a sneaky file though because it’s located in multiple folders. The one we are aiming for (and it should work for you as well) is located in AppData.
As of now, the path is:
If the path doesn’t exist start from AppData and walk your wait down to boards.txt.
Open boards.txt and locate this three fields:
These are the values we want to change. These, for instance, are mine:
If you are using a Genuino Micro instead of Arduino Leonardo (it’s still based on the ATmega32u4), the values you need to change are different. These are from my Radio box, for instance:
micro.build.usb_product="K Radio Panel"
If you are wondering where I got my VID and PID values well, I’ve blatantly invented them. IIRC for commercial applications you should buy them; I guess they work as the MAC address. It’s not a problem for us since we are working on simple, personal, project.