This version of the book is outdated.
A new dedicated page is located here.
The second draft is now available. We are now at 400 pages, 96,000 words and 555,000 characters!
I corrected a number of errors here and there, but the bulk of the work went towards the completion of the content:
- Air-to-Ground discussion: this topic is potentially massive, but the F-14A and B are not the ground-pounding beast that the F-14D is so, for the moment, the chapter includes a general introduction to the role, a 9-line CAS brief overview and, in Appendix II, a printable template for check-in and 9-line CAS brief.
Since AG is not really my forte, I had a chat with both Virtual and real life Controllers (Chapter 15.3);
- Printable Templates: first sketch of the CAS Template, including aircraft Check-in and two 9-line briefs. Some parts have been omitted, and I’m still wondering whether adding them is worth or not (e.g. BDA).
The page available at the moment A5-format, later I will create more pages in different formats (id est A6), depending on the feedback;
- TF30 vs F110: a few tests to measure the performance of the F-14A vs the F-14B and other aircraft such as the F-16C and the F/A-18C, post the patch released four days ago by HB;
- Bookmarks: the first draft lacked bookmarks, this release includes it to improve readability and navigation;
- Various: added some sketches for the radar bars, an old WEZ missile study in the Appendix I, added a short chapter about non-precision approaches and ADF.
And finally, a huge Thank you to everyone who commented, sent feedback and opinions about the first draft. I implemented quite a number of suggestions from you, so keep them coming! Lastly, another huge thank you to my new Patreons and all the folks that supported me and the website since I opened in 2018.